Wednesday, February 03, 2010

January Music 2010

The inspiration for this months CD purchase was the movie the Postman. Tom Petty had a supporting role which got me thinking about about 70's Rock. I've picked up most of the great bands of the 70's and I've attacked it in several different ways but some how I missed several greats like Leon Russell, Joe Walsh, Tom Petty, and Jeff Beck. I also decided to over come my prejudices towards Blue Oyster Cult, and Jethro Tull. Grand Funk Railroad I owned in a "Best Hits" format but picked up 'We're an American Band' album anyway. Supertramp and the Stray Cats were guys I stumbled across looking for something else and the funk-disco of War, Kool and the Gang, and the Ohio Players were albums I needed but missed before. As always in the age of Classic Rock there were 'concept albums' and 'album rock' groupings of songs so whenever possible I tried to get original albums rather than 'best of' collections.

Leon Russell and the Shelter People by Leon Russel
Leon Russell
The Smoker you Drink the Player You Get Joe Walsh
So What by Joe Walsh
Hotel California by the Eagles
Damn the Torpedoes Tom Petty
You're Gonna Get It Tom Petty
All Day Music by War
The World is a Ghetto by War
Why can't we be Friends by War
Gold Kool and the Gang
Gold Ohio Players
Truth Jeff Beck
Blow by Blow/Wired/There and Back by Jeff Beck
Greatest Hits by the Stray Cats
Breakfast in America Supertramp
We're an American Band Grand Funk Railroad
Workshop of Telescopes Blue Oyster Cult
Aqualung Jethro Tull

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home