Thursday, January 19, 2006

Movie Right Along

At the moment I'm working on building the DVD collection. I started with classics, Academy Award winners and various lists of 'the one hundred best'. I haven't gotten around to the Library of Congress National Film Registry yet but I suppose that's coming up soon enough, but when I looked at those kinds of lists I notice a serious lack of fun stuff. Western, Horror, Science Fiction, Action-thrillers, the kind of fun movies people want to see. So I'll be mixing classic Horror with my Academy Award winners. This summer's reading program theme is paws, claws, scales and tales and the YA librarian will be doing Creature Features so I guess I'll be making sure we have a complete set of Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolfman. Scream Queens like Fay Wray have to be in the collection somewhere and I'm really curious to see some of Val Lewton's RKO horror. I remember Cat People and I can't wait to see I Walked With a Zombie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home