Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Another DVD Order

I think this was my February DVD order, and it's a continuation of several themes I've been working on lately. Some time last year I bought a number of television shows, mostly complete first seasons, and they were hugely successful so I've been scrambling to buy more. I've also been revisiting actors at random looking for movies I missed before or were unavailable when I looked before. I've also been trying to build up my non-fiction, how to do it, documentary, history kind of stuff.

TELEVISION

All in the Family: complete 2nd season
All in the Family: Complete 3rd Season
Andy Griffith Show: the Complete First Season
Andy Griffith Show: the Complete Second Season
Andy Griffith Show: the Complete Third Season
Barney Miller: Complete Third Season
Cosby Show: Season 2
Cosby Show: Season 3
Cosby Show: Season 4
Have Gun Will Travel: Complete Third Season
I Love Lucy: the Complete Third Season
I Love Lucy: the Complete Fourth Season
I Love Lucy: Complete Fifth Season
Murder She Wrote: the Complete Third Season
Murder She Wrote: the Complete Fourth Season
Wanted Dead or Alive: Season 2

Movies

Algiers: Not quite a classic but everybody, knows or should know this movie. Even Pepe le Pew mimics Charles Boyer when he takes the cat in his arms and says; "Take me to the Casbah"
Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collection 1 & 2 I finally found a collection that has the Incredible Shrinking Man.
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Steve Martin and Michael Caine on the Rivera.
Gary Cooper Collection. Beau Geste! This one has Beau Geste! Its got some of his other hard to get movies but do you guys know how long I've been trying to get Beau Geste!
Gregory Peck Film Collection with Arabesque (Sophia Loren) Cape Fear (The good one) World in His Arms, To Kill a mockingbird, Captain Newman M.D. and Mirage (with Peck Walter Matthau and Dianne Baker)
I Love You to Death Kevin Kline, Tracy Ullman, William Hurt and Kenau Reeves in a black comedy.
Matt Helm Lounge, Dean Martin does his tongue in cheek imitation of James Bond.
Red Rock West A straight to cable modern noir that's gained a lot of respect. Nicolas Cage Dennis Hopper, Lara Flynn Boyle and J T Walsh.
Taking of Pelham One Two Three. Terrorism for fun and Profit with Robert Shaw, Walter Matthau, Martin Balsam and a terrific supporting cast.
They Were Expendable. John Wayne in one of the most underrated WWII films Directed by John Ford and his usual cast of character actors.
Ultimate Flint Collection James Coburn as secret agent Flint in these James bond ripoffs.
Who'll Stop the Rain Nick Nolte, Tuesday Weld, Michael Moriarty.

Non-Fiction-Self Help.

1 2 3 Magic: Managing Difficult Behavior in Children 2-12
Denise Austin : Get fit Daily Dozen
Denise Austin: Hit the spot 10 5 minute workouts.
Kathy Smith lifts weights to lose weight.
Kathy Smith Total Body lift.
Yoga for Beginners.
Yoga for stress Relief

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

As a lone time patron, I really appreciate (and enjoy) the collection and look forward to the new additions.

Thanks for the great job!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home