Monday, October 23, 2006

Give Me Disney or GIve Me Death!

I cannot tell you how much I hate the studios. I'm trying to build a classic collection of DVD's and I can't get the Sean Connery James Bond movies. Dr. No, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Thunderball, and Diamonds Are Forever are not in print. Some of the more important Marx Brothers movies are't either. I can't get Cocoanuts, Animal Crackers, Monkey Business or Horse Feathers. I just now found the classic 2-D double feature length Popeyes, which weren't available last year. I've been working with the Children's department to make sure we had Classic Saturday Morning TV. I know it's something that dates me but when we were kids we couldn't wait for Saturday Morning Cartoons. I remember I always liked the older Popeyes more than the new ones and there is a cleaned up and restored version that just came out.

I know it has something to do with the twisted minds of studio marketing executives. Maybe they're hiding the good stuff so we won't notice the pabulum they feed us. (I just had to defend Basic Instinct for G**'s sake!) Why can't I get Disney Cartoons? Imagine trying to build a collection of animation and not being able to get Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse the King of Cartoons! And I can't get him! Nor is the Original cast of Saturday Night Live available. It's nuts. There are several classic movies I can't get. It can't be there's no demand for Classic John Wayne so it must the games studios play. Grrrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home