Saturday, January 27, 2007

Epics

My January order is mostly cleaning up some of the themes I was working on last year. Epics and War movies were two areas I was working on with DVDs and once again I was amazed at some of the things we didn't have. The Ten Commandments, Exodus, and Cleopatra were three I didn't have. I also went through and filled in some of the war movies we were missing. Sergeant York, Red Badge of Courage, Four Feathers, and Hunt for the Red October. I also got some Christmas movies after I noticed we were lacking and I filled in a few other classic holes. One thing I did was buy several collections of two reeler comedies. The Three Stooges are of course Kings of the Two Reeler comedies. But as I was watching the Laurel & Hardy short at our inaugural Saturday Morning Matinee and I saw and heard the kids laughing I began to wonder what other forgotten gems were out there. I bought the Edgar Kennedy Two-Reeler Comedy Collection, the Leon Errol Two-Reeler Comedy Collection, and the Cavalcade of Comedy. I vaguely remember seeing both Leon Errol and Edgar Kennedy shorts at various times in the past. I'm curious to see whether they hold up today but I was surprised by the laughs Laurel & Hardy got. For me some of the most interesting films I'm finding for our Matinees are the cartoons and the shorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home