Friday, March 16, 2007

Apologies

I have been looking over my recent posts and they are pretty boring. I think part of the reason is that I am revisiting collections I rebuilt last year so I don't have the same enthusiasm for blogging about it as I did last year. I love building collections, especially in areas that I've never worked on before because I always learn something new. I like the joy of discovery. But most of the DVDs I've purchased so far this year have either been things I didn't have the funds to purchase last year or a filmed musicals and plays project I've been working on this year. My interest has waned pretty quickly on filmed plays. Most of the really good movies that were made from plays I already knew about and as I've recently groused about it seems that recently Broadway and Hollywood haven't been in sync. From reading the reviews many of the movies I purchased that were recent award winners on Broadway were mediocre at best on film. I bought them for classroom and 'life long learning' support. I don't mean to imply that it was money or time wasted, many of the musicals I bought were classics but since I really don't care for musicals I had overlooked them before. Then of course some movies age and others don't. Bringing up Baby and the Manchurian Candidate were both panned when they came out and are now considered classics.

I hope to begin working on the Blues as the next Music Collection to be revamped as soon as I finish reviewing Rock. With DVDs I would like to begin working on foreign film. I have already done French and Mexican. I am thinking about Italian, Bergman, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese. Then I will move on to evaluating the collection by Actor and Director.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home