Monday, March 12, 2007

A year to Review

Last year I rebuilt the major music collections. This year I'm reviewing how I did and filling in the blanks. My modest Contemporary Christian Music buy circulated very well. So did Latin and Rock. Country didn't fare so well but Country Music has a huge body of work going all the way back to the 20's and I think so far I've just built the core collection. This year I'm getting more of the Billboard 'Top 40's' type of material for everybody, including Country. I'm also working on a few minor collections. I'm buying folk music from around the world and music for Ballroom Dancing. Ballroom Dancing seems to be making a comeback and I'm getting a lot of requests. January was a country 'Top 40', February was a mix of Billboard top 40's, and March is Contemporary Christian back fill.

March CDs
Contemporary Christian

Jesus Freak DC Talk
(Portable Sounds) Tobymac
Go Newsboys
Casting Crowns Casting Crowns
Coming up to Breath Mercyme
Hearts of the Innocent Kutless
Stay Jeremy Camp
Mockingbird Derek Webb
Deeper Life Natalie Grant
Awaken Natalie Grant/Wynonna
Oxygen Avalon
Creed Avalon

Folk Music

Music & Songs of North America Lakota
Authentic Native American Music
Traditional Songs of Poland
Traditional songs and Dances from Africa
Traditional Songs from Turkey
East Africa: Ceremonial & Folk Music

Ballroom

Strictly Ballroom Dancing
Strictly Dancing: Best of Ballroom
Tango: Zero Hour Astor Piazzolla
Let's Dance! Best of Ballroom: Fox Trots & Tango
Let's Dance the Tango

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home